Question about Cyg_Thread:unique_id

Hi All,

Every thread in ECOS has an unique id which is represented by the member unique_id. The unique_id is a private member of the Cyg_Thread class, but I want to access this member in Cyg_HardwareThread class for kernel instrumentation [particularly for CYG_INSTRUMENT_THREAD(ENTER,thread,0) in Cyg_HardwareThread::thread_entry () function]. So, can I make the unique_id as public or should I provide a get_method () in Cyg_Thread class?

--
regards,
Shiv Kumar B.