Re: problem building application

>> address 0xc4000040 of a.out section .rom_vectors is not within region ram

Well, address 0xc4000040 is indeed not within your RAM region. Check the
target.ld file which is generated by the config tool, and see what is wrong
there. The ram.ldi and ram.h files are nothing more than templates to generate
the target.ldi file. Edit the target.ld file to fiddle around, e.g. to put
.rom_vectors back in ram put the line
.=0x20
before the line with .rom_vectors. (.vectors / .fixed_vectors?)
you can find more information about linker scripts with "info ld"

Eric de Jong