RE: Problem with serial setup

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 07:20, Daniel Lidsten wrote:

> > driver and a

> > > I now have two serial channels (diag and printf) working on
> > the same
> > > HW port but when i want to change the diag to use SMC2
> > instead of SMC1
> > > then i hang in the quicc_smc1.c putc function because a BD flag
> > > indicates
> > > busy:
> > >
> > > while (bd->ctrl & QUICC_BD_CTL_Ready)
> > >
> > > The only change i have done in ConfigTool is to change the
> > "Diagnostic
> > > Serial Port" from 0 to 1. Is there any other location that
> > i need to
> > > change to make this work?
> > >

> > Do you have RedBoot running on this platform?  If so, does it
> > use the second port (SMC2) properly?
>
> No, i dont have RedBoot on the platform.

I'd start with a simple test.  Build a RAM version of RedBoot for
your platform.  This should come up and try to use both serial ports
(initially both will be used).  This process will test if the drivers
for SMC2 are working properly on your platform.

Question: are you working from recent CVS?  I've made many changes
in this area in the past few months.  In particular, the port setup
for the various serial ports has been extended quite a lot.  Sadly,
I don't have a device which uses SMC2 to test this on.

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>