Re: Redboot for ATLAS (MIPS 4Kc)

"Michael Anburaj" <embeddedeng@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I tried building Redboot in BIG endian mode for the MIPS Atlas 4Kc platform.
>
> Opened a new cconfiguration (.ecc), chose the Atlas 4Kc template,
> Changed the default endiness under "ECOS HAL -> MIPS Architecture ->
> MIPS Variant ->
> Endian Format" to use BIG endian, saved it & imported
> "/packages/hal/mips/atlas/current/misc/redboot_ROM.ecm", added CRC
> package & then issues the build library command from the Configtool.

Generally the endianness gets set by the platform HAL package, which
will also handle other endianness issues like changing the compiler
options. While we have certainly supported big endian MIPS targets in
the past, I do not believe any of the current ones are BE. So I would
not expect it to work straight out of the box. Of course you will also
have to work out how to flip the endianness of the Atlas devices,
unless this happens automatically when you set the CPU endianness.

> Please tell me from where does the -EL build C flag got inserted. If I
> made a mistake do let me know.

It comes from the custom make rules in the flash device driver. This
is an example of the LE-only bias of the current targets.