Interrupt occurrences count

Is there a built in function in eCos that counts how many times a certain
interrupt has happened?
I've been looking for it in the source, but it seems not to be there - not
in the Cyg_Interrupt class anyway, where I would expect it to be.

If I'm right, my next question is: is there any general interest in such a
(debug) function?

Regards,
David

David Marqvar