Re: MPC5xx native flash support

Try the flash programming tools from MOTOROLA. You can get them from the
mpc555 pages at MOTOROLA's (look for something called the CMF driver).
It is only four functions (write, verify, erase and blankcheck). You do
not get the source code but they are available in binary format as a
C-array. This makes them fairly easy to integrate with the eCos drivers
(examples of use are included with the CMF driver).

HTH

Bob

 On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 15:32, Rycerz Roman-G11565 wrote:
> HI..
>
>     I have been working with the MPC555 processor, and notice that there
> doesn't seem to be internal flash programming support.   I have looked thru
> most of the targets
>     around and have not found similar support.  Could someone point a target
> with such support or give me some ideas on just how to hand it...  It would
> sound logical
>     to handle it as a standard external flash... but then I am a
> eCos/Redboot newbie...
>

> Roman F. Rycerz
>
> Engr Section Manager
>
> Email: Roman <mailto:Roman dot Rycerz at motorola dot com>  dot Rycerz at motorola dot com

ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob dot koninckx at mech dot kuleuven dot ac dot be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma