Re: Re: ecos-discuss Digest 17 Apr 2003 16:10:44 -0000 Issue1239

Matt Kober wrote:
that was actually a great hint, but i wasn't using angel at all. i had
angel residing in flash though and i noticed that it always runs for a
moment before redboot gets a chance to run.

That's normal.

so angel probably messed up
the memory map and mode settings. is that what could have happened? but
shouldn't redboot initialize all the registers again when it's run? i
would think so.

Except that it works fine for others.... although I suppose it _could_ be some difference between Angel versions in use. I just can't tell from here, sorry.

i solved the problem by rebuilding redboot with asserts and tracing
enabled, but i totally don't understand why this should make a
difference. fact is that my own test prog and all the kernel tests run
just fine now.

Erk! That's more than a little strange. That sounds like it might be something like uninitialized data, or an alignment issue. Hmm. Unfortunately again, nothing I can do to tell which from here!