Re: upload program in NEC V850 RAM

oK, it could be so,
but why the code is loaded and executed if we try to load it by the
v850-elf-gdb?

Thank you for any help

Cris

> Teresa Fazio wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm new in this mailing list and I found someone of you having
> > problems in uploading   programs in NEC V850 RAM, like me.   When I
> > try to load a simple program Hello.S3, I do
> >
> > RedBoot>load
> >
> > Ctrl a + s
> > choice ymodem and then the file Hello.S3.
> > But the answer is:
> >
> > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC*** Warning! Attempt to load S-record to address:
> > 0xffffffff  RedBoot does not believe this is in RAM  Use TFTP for a
> > chance to override this.  *** Warning! Checksum failure - Addr:
> > ffffffff, EF <> 00  xyzModem - CRC mode, 647(SOH)/4(STX)/5(CAN)
> > packets, 316 retries
> >
> > What is the problem?
>
> The addresses in your s-record file indicate it should be loaded to
> 0xffffffff, which isn't right. Check your s-record file, and how it
> was built, and particularly how the memory map was linked.
>
> Or more relevantly, if it isn't an s-record file, either convert it to
> one or choose the appropriate flag to "load" to tell redboot what
> format it is!
>
> Jifl
> --
> eCosCentric    http://www.eCosCentric.com/    The eCos and RedBoot
> experts --[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
> --[  can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln   ]--
> Opinions==mine
>

> --
> Before posting, please read the FAQ:

 Ing. Cristoforo ABBATTISTA
 Planetek Italia s.r.l.
 Via Massaua, 12   I-70123 Bari
 Tel.: +39 080 5343750  - Fax: +39 080 5340280
 cristoforo dot abbattista at planetek dot it
 Web: http://www.planetek.it