Re: arm evaluator e7t hangs when executing example progs/tests

Chris Garry wrote:

Of course there's always the possibility of a hardware problem...

You should probably say what version or date of RedBoot you are using.

I ran the mutex tests (mutex0, mutex1, mutex2 and mutex3) on my e7t
using the first the 2.0b1 code and then the latest CVS code and they
all passed fine.

The RedBoot I used was built using the 2.0b1 code.  One point to note
is that my sources have been slightly modified to use 32M of SDRAM
on a daughter board instead of the E7T's 512K of SRAM - but I don't
think this should make any difference.

Agreed - I wouldn't have thought so given the symptoms.

If nobody has alraedy done this, I will run the tests as described at
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/testing.html using unmodified 2.0b1
code on my E7T. However I think the 'default' template will have to
be used instead of the 'all' template in order to fit in the 512K of
SRAM.

That might be good since your positive results make me think it may be Matt's hardware. Besides, testing for e7t for the beta is good anyway!