Re: configtool/wxwindows/gtk+

On Saturday 12 Apr 2003 05:44, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> [...]

[ snip ]

> I'd be interesting in John's opinions too (CC'd), as configtool-meister;
> and in particular what the system he was using for builds has on it.... I
> thought it was a recent Red Hat Linux distro which would mean gtk2 is
> installed. Although is the problem specifically when gtk2 is present but
> gtk1 is not, as John may have both installed.

My preference is to treat the configuration, building and installation of
wxWindows completely independently. Developers should be at liberty to
configure this library in whatever way they wish. My own recipe for
building the configtool uses a different make file named "makefile.gnu" and
is described at:

   http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited