Re: powerpc-eabi on cygwin

chandrag at danlawinc dot com wrote:
test.c is a simple program.  The same error occurs any for other
file (even with drv_api.c, when compiled single) for the command
'powerpc-eabi-gcc'.

There is no environment variable like GCC_EXEC_PREFIX.
[snip]
$ powerpc-eabi-gcc -c test.c
cc1: Internal compiler error in size_binop, at fold-const.c:2014
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.

I just updated my cygwin installation, and sure enough now I see the problem. I tried downgrading the DLL version from 1.3.22 to 1.3.21, but there was no change.

So it looks like this is _probably_ another cygwin bug of some sort to track down unfortunately, although looking at where the error has happened, it's very unclear as to what it could be as there don't appear to be any DLL calls in the vicinity.

This is going to have to be investigated before the 2.0 final release. Bart/JLD take note! I would try and submit it to bugzilla, but bugzilla appears to be down.