Re: eCos 2.0b1 testing on Atmel AT91EB40

The Atmel AT91EB40 board has insufficient RAM to accommodate eCos 2.0b1
built with the 'all' template. I used the 'default' template instead.

RedBoot RAM and ROMRAM variants seem OK using serial I/O (no ethernet on
this board).

The following eCos tests passed when run from the configtool:

  context, basic, stress_threads, tm_basic, malloc4, strcpy2, log10

The following eCos test was inapplicable:

  cache

There were no eCos tests failures so no BugZilla reports. I have submitted a
patch to clarify the RedBoot installation instructions for this target.

I used the eCosCentric pre-built arm-elf toolchain on a Red Hat Linux 8.0
host throughout.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited