Interrupt state at program startup

I am tracking down a problem right now that appears to be related to the
recent changes to RedBoot to allow programs to return to the RedBoot prompt.

Specifically, the problem that I see right now is that, with the changes to
'do_go' where a new thread context is initialized and then switched to in
order to start the new application, interrupts are enabled in the new
thread.  (This is on my innovator - ARM9 port).  Once interrupts are
enabled, and since I don't have interrupt support fully debugged, I spend
the rest of my time attempting to service interrupts I am not ready to
service yet.

I am going to investigate this further, but I thought I would toss out a few
questions: What should the interrupt state be when an application is
launched from RedBoot?  If, as I would expect, the interrupt state should be
that interrupts are disabled, do folks have suggestions as to how I might go
about fixing the new, improved, lemony scented, 'do_go' command to ensure
that this is the case?

I can explain this slightly more coherently, if anybody would like :-)
--wpd