Build help please ?

Hi

I am trying to get eCOS to build and run for the first time on a Viper
PowerPC board. It has got me stumped at the moment, could anyone give me a
clue what I am doing wrong please ?

I installed and built from the Viper CD (1.5.16). This built ok but locked
up or crashed when I tried to run a simple Hello World test program.

>From a quick phone chat I realised I needed to use a more upto date eCOS
snapshot that I had not spotted on the 2nd CD.
When I unpacked "ecos-v2-full-alpha-snap-2003-01-06.tar" and pointed the
config tool at the new repository it builds some files then fails with

powerpc-eabi-gcc -c  -I/ecos-c/ecosbuild/ecos1_install/include -I/ecos-e/eco
ssnap/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/quicc/current -I/ecos-e/ecossnap/ecos/packag
es/hal/powerpc/quicc/current/src -I/ecos-e/ecossnap/ecos/packages/hal/powerp
c/quicc/current/tests -I. -I/ecos-e/ecossnap/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/quicc
/current/src/ -msoft-float -mcpu=860 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototyp
es -Winline -Wundef -Woverloaded-virtual -g -O2 -ffunction-sections -fdata-s
ections -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fvtable-gc -finit-priority -Wp,-MD,src/qu
icc_smc1.tmp -o src/hal_powerpc_quicc_quicc_smc1.o
/ecos-e/ecossnap/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/quicc/current/src/quicc_smc1.c
/ecos-e/ecossnap/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/quicc/current/src/quicc_smc1.c:14
0: `QUICC_BD_BASE' undeclared here (not in a function)

>From a quick perusal

QUICC_BD_BASE is defined in
E:\ECOSSNAP\ECOS\packages\hal\powerpc\quicc\current\include\ppc8xx.h

but the file
e:/ecossnap/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/quicc/current/src/quicc_smc1.c has the
header include as

<cyg/hal/quicc/ppc8xx.h> which doesnt look the same path to me, indicating I
have screwed up the tree structures somehow ?

By changing the header paths in the *.C file to point to where the headers
really are, it fixed that one C file compile problem, but then I got similar
looking problems with other C files. Correcting header paths can't be the
correct way to fix this, I must have made some mistake in the install, or
not understanding something ?

I downloaded and tried with the lastest alpha snaphsot, I got the same error

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

        Regards Geoff