Re: flash and ram file i/o

Ian Gilmour wrote:

What I think I want is a flashfs based on something like romfs but with write accesses permitted on the flash files, and with fixed (maximum) file sizes for the flash files, and some means of tagging whether they're binary or ASCII files. I don't need to be able to dynamically create new flash files.

Some recent stuff was added to the io/flash layer to support accesses to the RedBoot FIS entries using e.g. /dev/flash1, although I now notice it really needs extending for multiple entries. If you want something really simple that might do. Look at the configuration options for that package.

That doesn't support tagging of ascii/binary though, but you could make a local modification to yourself to include that in FIS fields i.e. redboot/current/include/fis.h along with extra magic in flashiodev_init.