Re: diag_printf

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 13:53, Pete Barrie wrote:
> Can somebody tell me what the mutual exclusion issues are with diag_printf()
> I cannot find anything specific in the documentation.

What sort of issues are you thinking about?

'diag_printf()' is designed to be "straight to the hardware",
mainly used for diagnostic purposes.  As such, it will access
the hardware directly, without any regard for other threads
or uses of the diagnostic device.  If you are using a serial
port that is also used for diag_printf(), then the diagnostic
purpose simply wins.  Other uses of the same hardware are
possible, but they need to be cognizant of these facts.

--
|       Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development        |