Re: [eCos v1.3.1/net] Old-style path convention results in Run Tests error

    <snip>

    >> 4) but on W98 with cygwin 1.3.20, xyz-gcc seems to suffer memory
    >> corruption problems.

    cgf> Sounds like it could be mmap issues. mmap on Windows 95 is
    cgf> only partially implemented. We did some work on mmap to solve
    cgf> other problems for 1.3.20. Maybe we broke something on
    cgf> Windows 95. There has been some additional work recently.
    cgf> Does the latest Cygwin snapshot work any better? I don't
    cgf> think the work that was done relates to the problem that you
    cgf> mention but maybe we'll get lucky.

Sadly, the problems still occur with the 20030301 snapshot. There
appear to be other problems under W98 currently. For example sed
sometimes starts spinning, which means that it is impossible to run
most configure scripts.

I haven't investigated resource.h yet, but if that was the cause of
the problem I would have expected the tools to fail under XP/W2K as
well. Instead only W98 is affected. It is a worth a look anyway,
thanks.

Bart