Re: [eCos v1.3.1/net] Old-style path convention results in Run Tests error

    <snip>
    >> It isn't any more. Cygwin unfortunately only releases the last
    >> two versions of the DLL. This is causing us problems right now
    >> as both cygwin 1.3.19 and 1.3.20 have significant problems (in
    >> fact two in 1.3.20, one of which is easily corrected and has
    >> already been reported on the cygwin lists, and the other is
    >> still being investigated).

    cgf> I don't see any problem reports from you in the cygwin
    cgf> mailing list wrt 1.3.20.

    cgf> What are these issues you are referring to?

The problem was only detected a day ago, and it is not clear yet
whether it is a cygwin or a gcc problem. If you are interested, the
details are as follows:

1) you build a target toolchain, based around gcc 3.2.1, on XP using
   cygwin 1.3.18. (1.3.19 should not be used for this because gdb will
   use the cygwin version of vasprintf() rather than the libiberty
   one, and the resulting gdb will fail on any system that still uses
   1.3.19).

2) that toolchain appears to work fine on XP and W2K using cygwin
   1.3.19 or 1.3.20, i.e. the two versions currently readily
   available.

3) it also works fine on W98 using cygwin 1.3.19

4) but on W98 with cygwin 1.3.20, xyz-gcc seems to suffer memory
   corruption problems. For example i386-elf-gcc will generate an ICE.
   arm-elf-gcc will start complaining that #define is an invalid
   preprocessor directive halfway through a header file.

5) gcc 3.2.2 is affected in the same way as 3.2.1. I have not yet
   tried CVS gcc.

This could be a problem with cygwin 1.3.20 specific to W98. Or it
could be e.g. an uninitialised variable inside gcc which only has a
significant effect on W98. Either way tracking it down is going to
take a while, and has to be a background activity for now because
efforts are concentrated on eCos 2.0.

Bart