Re: Wait on multiple objects

Fabrice Gautier <Fabrice_Gautier at sdesigns dot com> writes:

> I guess there's not such thing yet in eCos. The principle to implement this
> kind of feature look pretty simple, but i guess it would also be easy to
> have many race conditions and other problems in the actual
> implementation....

This kind of thing is very complicated and hard to get right. To start
with you cannot any more queue threads on synchronization objects, you
have to have some kind of proxy that points to the thread. Then you
have to worry about where you allocate these proxys from, and what you
do in the face of multiple events triggering simultaneously, timeouts,
thread deletion and releases etc.

The only operating system I know of that has a fully general
wait-on-anything architecture is NT. Do you really want eCos to become
like NT? :-)