Re: cs89712

Yes it works with minor tweaks to the EDB7312 platform.
I think I posted a patch for it in August.
I'll try to see if I still have it and send it again.
But a quick and dirty solution (without messing with CDL files )
in /devs/eth/arm/edbxxx
add 0x300 to the base address of the cs8900 here

static cs8900a_priv_data_t cs8900a_eth0_priv_data = {
    base : (cyg_addrword_t) 0x20000300,

and in hal/arm/edb7xxx/src/edb???misc.src comment out the setting of MEMCFG1
or 2 whichever holds the waitstates for cs89000 since they are already defined
in hal_platfrom_setup.You might need to change that waitstate value anyway IIRC.

As for the flash my revision of CDB board was rev A and had the same type of B3 flash
as the EDB7212 it's just less I think.I made this platform use the generic intel
flash driver so the change was a matter of an ifdef .I might have that patch around too.
Later revisions of the CDB may have strata flash so you'll have to use the corresponding driver.

And only post a question once in the same day ;)

Jani.