Re: Status of PPC40x in eCos?

Andrew Lunn wrote:
[ppc 40x]
Could somebody give me a tip what is missing in the packages tree in
order to get a complete target definition?

Add a target entry into the ecos.db with the packages you think are
needed. You will then have to fill in the gaps. The HAL porting guide
is a good place to look for additional information.
To be clear: you have to add a platform port :-). Aside from a few headers, it probably only needs to provide the MMU mapping, something to set up the IRQs, anything else needed for startup such as mem controller setup, and (the largest bit) haldiag. At least anyway - more tweaking may be required for a particular port.

Therefore I assume that this port was never really finished nor used, e.g. the existing snippets for the interrupt/startup code have never undergone a real test in any real world application.

I expect it has been tested, just not released to the public. One of
the ex-RH guys should be able to tell you.
Exactly so. It was also a full eCos port, not just RedBoot.