Re: microwindows?

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 01:28 PM, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

Well without a keyboard or mouse I wonder what you're expecting to happen :-). The only targets it has been used with before have been the PC and the IPAQ. You'll see in services/gfx/mw/current/src/drivers/ that there's kbd_ipaq.c, mou_ipaq.c and scr_ecos.c for the IPAQ, as well as scr_ecospcsvga.c for the PC along with other obvious drivers. That's the basis for adding future drivers right now. We hope to have a proper keyboard, mouse and screen driver framework, but doing it directly in microwindows will have to do for the time being.
Mostly at this point I just wanted something that would draw pretty things on the screen - i.e. I didn't want to write all my own graphics code... At some future (well fairly soon), I'd want to get some form of button based input working. Whether it's best to integrate this to microwindows or just drive things directly from my app we shall see. I'd prefer to integrate it to microwindows though.

scr_ecos.c looks like the place for me - thanks! I'll work with that towards extending it to understand a 1 bit display. As far as the other drivers, I think I'll just stub them out for now.

I also need to look at the ecos screen driver - it is indeed calling my lcd support code but I have to lie and tell it I support RGB555 when I'm only 1 bit. Does this RGB555 setting just mean that colors are speced as 555 but then rendered however?
It was written with the iPAQ in mind, so if it doesn't work, it probably "just" (ahem) needs extending. The microwindows work was work in progress when the project was killed[1], and worked okay in demos, but wasn't properly made generic.
OK - thanks for the info!

Shannon