Re: cygwin packages required for eCos?

Joerg Rapka wrote:
Hello

If I install the standard cygwin from scratch e.g. the package "gcc" will not be installed.
For building the eCos development tools (e.g. gcc) I require the cygwin package "gcc" and others.

Are there any document listing the minimum cygwin packages required either:
- to build the eCos development tools (e.g. GCC)
- to use the eCos configration tool (e.g. 1.3.net or 2.11) for
configuration and compilation
Here's my recommendation. These are the extra packages _in_addition_to_ the default ones.

To select them you need to click `skip` field exactly *once* in each case (yes I know this seems counter-intuitive, but it's actually a version toggle).

Some of them are just (strong!) recommendations rather than necessary - I've marked those with a *.

* Archive
zip *
unzip *
* Devel
binutils
autoconf auto* packages because of potential issues with
autoconf-devel CVS timestamps.
autoconf-stable
automake
automake-devel
automake-stable
bison
cvs
dejagnu * For the future, and possibly toolchains anyway.
gcc
gdb Probably not strictly needed but if you have
problems with host/compiler tools you may want to
have it.
make
* Text
less * Recommend just because it's so useful
more * Ditto for those that don't know about less :)
* Utils
bzip2 *
patch *

Do let me know if this isn't a complete list - this is the basis for some future documentation.

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine