Re: ecos idle function

Milind Kopikare wrote:
Hi,
    In eCos, Andrew Lunn's code should work if in idle
time we shift to the idle_thread_main function in
thread.cxx. But, whenever the processor is idling, the
code dosent jump there. For want of other tasks to do,
the processor hangs.
If the code doesn't jump to the idle thread when nothing else needs doing, there is something very wrong.

i have got around this by
creating my own idle task function in my code which
takes over whenever nothing else is going on. but
would appericiate if someone could fill me in on how
ecos idle functions can get activated. is there any
particular variable I would need to define to start
this idle task?
The idle thread is just a thread that loops doing nothing. For some HALs they define a macro HAL_IDLE_THREAD_ACTION which will be some piece of code to run, often to put the processor into some stop or halt state. This is true for i386 and v850 at least.

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine