Re: malloc not allocing

David N. Welton wrote:
Going off of what I did earlier:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-05/msg00226.html

I was trying to recreate my app, using the same setup.  For some
reason I can't figure out, it no longer seems to be working - the app
bails out because it can't malloc memory any more.

Any thoughts on how to go about tracking this down?
Are you sure this is the MLT map actually used in your app? In the example in that link, that's for floppy startup only. What does mallinfo() say?

You could see what address the linker put __heap2 at by searching for it in the output of i386-elf-nm on your ELF image (not the .bin).

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine