Re: Goahead Web Server on i386

The GoAhead comes with its own non-GPL license, which can be found in the "license.txt" file in the top of its source tree (www.goahead.com)

It's a non-exclusive license (e.g. all IPR is kept by GoAhead), essentially stating that one may freely and without royalties "use, reproduce, modify, copy and distribute" the webserver source code as well as the resulting binaries, provided that any modifications to the webserver sources are distributed along with it. Additionally, one should within 30 days of distribution-start contribute back any source modifications to GoAhead, and one is also restricted not to change the "server identification field" of the first http response message.

As for what goes for the SSL stuff; I'm aware that there are possible patent and licensing issues for some (many?) of the algorithms provided in the OpenSSL package. Since we have only wrapped this up for internal try-outs, we haven't spent much effort into checking those licensing details in any greater depth.

But since the port turned out to be pretty straightforward and the SSL proved to be working quite well, maybe someone interested in using the SSL would be willing to dig deeper into its licensing and patent details?

Cheers, /Kjell
--
Kjell Svensson Embedded Technology Manager
Techtribe Solutions AB Tel: +46 (0)31 706 06 00