Re: Re: Re: Interrupt Handler Routine

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 18:26, Lin Ming wrote:
> So the functions in  io/serial/arm/at91/at91_serial.c are interrupt handled.
> Is there any example in ecos describing how to use them?

You don't use them directly.  Use the serial I/O API (see examples
in .../io/serial/current/tests), or simply open "/dev/ser0" and
use standard I/O calls (open, read, write, ...)

> Thanks!!
>

> Best Regards,
> Lin Ming
> 2002-12-20
>
> ======= 2002-12-19 11:52:00 YOU WROTE:=======
>
> >On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 06:42:14PM +0800, Lin Ming wrote:
> >> Thank you Andrew for your reply!
> >> I have found some code I can use in dev/ about serial interrupt handler.
> >>
> >> One thing I am wondering: If I have to write my own UART interrupt routines
> >> or there is some existed ecos api functions I can use?
> >
> >Depends on the UART you are using. Is it one of the already supported
> >UARTs? If so, you should not have to do anything. Just include the
> >correct packages, and open /dev/ttyS0 or what every its called.
> >
> >If its not supported then you need to write a serial driver. The
> >manual contains information about doing that.
> >
> >> I am using cyg_hal_plf_serial_xxx() functions now. But they don't seem to be
> >> interrupt handler routines. I have some troubles when using them to access a
> >> GPS module.
> >
> >cyg_hal_plf_* refer to functions called via the Virtual Vectors into
> >redboot. The serial functions in redboot use polled io. You want to
> >include the real serial driver package and the serial io package. You
> >can then open the device with open and use read/write etc. Or use
> >cyg_io_lookup() etc.
> >
> >       Andrew
> >
> >--
> >Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
> >

> >.

> --

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc