RE: Capacity problem?

Could still be that Gary's remark is correct though.
When executing from BDM, the memory controller is typically initialized
from the debugger. When booting from flash, the bootloader takes care of
this. Have you verified that both initialize it identically ?

Bob

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 15:50, Daniel Lidsten wrote:
> I short clarification that i missed in the first email:
> When starting from flash then i copy all code to RAM and resume
> execution there. By doing this i can startup an image almost everywhere
> in the memory and then make it copy itself to RAM 0x0->.
>
> Since i execute in RAM (even with flash startup) then i don't have any
> problems due to slow execution but maybe my CPU needs a special setup
> when executing from flash??
>
> > Also, on the MPC8xx, you might want to tune the number of
> > data buffers.  The defaults I put in are very conservative
> > and could easily be swamped.
>
> Yepp, i changed from 4 to 16 a while back.
>
> Is there anyone that has changed the startup files (vectors.S or the
> board specific file like mbx.S) to setup some special registers ?? Maybe
> i have missed some....?
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Regards, Daniel
ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma