Which gcc version recommended for ARM thumb??

Hi

>From the mailing list I have learned, that the recommend version of GCC for
ARM is 2.95.x and binutils-2.10.1.

However this does not work for thumb mode. GCC-2.95.3, configured for
--target=arm-elf,  does not support -mthumb, and will not build for
--target=thumb-elf.

We have had some success using gcc-3.0.4 for thumb code generation, but we
have now run into problems.

In order to solve these problems, I would like to know: Is there a better
choice that gcc-3.0.4 for thumb code??

We have tried gcc-3.1 and gcc-3.2, but here we got problems with some 'weak'
declarations used by ecos.

Maybe I need to apply some patches or use some specific snapshot version.

Which version of gcc do you recommended for ARM thumb??

regards

Hans Peter

--
Hans Peter Jepsen          Phone: +45 74 88 50 11
Danfoss Drives A/S,        Fax:   +45 74 88 32 26