Re: having ecos working with third-party development environment?

OK guys,

McCraigor now have a gdb stub that runs on a win32 platform comminucates with both a parrallel port wiggler and GDB
via TCP. I was writing such a beast and then someone pointed out to me that it had already been done. I have used it
and once it is set up it works. I actually ran it on a win95 laptop and talked to it from a dual athlon machine running
cygwin and Insight, was a bit slow but the network was only 10MB Coax. THe dual athon printer port does not function
with the wiggler and I haven't tried the plug in card port I have, not enough hours in the day and a kitchen to build.

Andy Hare

www.ahare.btinternet.co.uk

11/5/2002 3:01:45 AM, Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com> wrote:

>Scott Dattalo wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Andrew Lunn wrote:
>>

>>>                        gdb can talk to jtag if you want it to get
>>>closer to the hardware.
>>

>> How?
>>
>> The last I checked into it, gdb could not talk to the McCraigor Wiggler
>> JTAG module for the ARM7 core. Am I mistaken? (At the moment I use OCD
>> Commander under windows to down load code like RedBoot, but use gdb [with
>> and without Insight] for debugging via a Serial port.)
>
>FSF GDB used to support the wiggler, but the support was removed because
>it relied on a non-GPL DLL and the GDB maintainers decided that wasn't
>Free enough.
>
>http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2001-10/msg00263.html
>
>Jifl
>--
>eCosCentric       http://www.eCosCentric.com/       <info@eCosCentric.com>
>--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
>--[  can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln   ]-- Opinions==mine
>

>--
>Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos

Andy Hare

Development Manager