Re: ecos redboot bochs

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 04:11, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Vijai Krishnamurthy wrote:
> > Gregg, David and other Bochs proponents,
>
> "Bochs"?

Perhaps one could try the SID for the X86. It definitly has VGA and serial
devices, I don't know about ethernet. But the devices can be added there.
<http://sources.redhat.com/sid>

> > I've hit this dead end with vmware for now. Guys can u please help me out
> > to set up a network enabled ecos target on Bochs.
> >
> > Which ethernet driver should I use?
>
> If this is a PC target in vmware, you need an AMD PCNET driver for the PC.
> You can find one at http://www.vsr.si/ecos/patches/vmWare-net.html

That one does not seem to work any longer with the current CVS tree and
current version of VMware. It works only in pooled mode (RedBoot).

I hope I'll have a fix soon.

Iztok