Re: ecos build output]

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 03:12, Christine Yusingco wrote:
> Thanks Iz.
> yes my install directory only had the include and lib dirs.
> however after doing a 'make tests' the install dir still
> wasnt populated with a bin subdir, thus the buld did not produce an image.
> Im still at a loss here, please help.

If You are building RedBoot, You must import the appropriate ecm file
for the target, this setups everything required:

for example:

>ecosconfig new pc redboot
>ecosconfig import <your rep.>/packages/hal/i386/pc/current/misc/redboot_FLOPPY.ecm
>ecosconfig tree

then run make.

Else if You're building eCos, You must first select the appropriate
startup option e.g CYG_HAL_STARTUP=ROM or CYG_HAL_STARTUP=FLOPPY in
order that build process builds the binaries.Otherwise it only builds
the RAM elf images.
You can do this by manually editing the produced config file or You can
use the graphical "configtool".

iz