about makefile

Dear nickg,
i have difficulty in orgnizing my header file and source file with makefile:
I create two folder ,named after "include" and "src" in current directory:
ls
include src test.c

in test.c, i want to call codes in "include" and "src" folder:

#include <stdio.h>
#include "cs.h" //in include folder

int main() {
call fucntions in file "cs.c" in folder "src"

}

to compile this
my makefile is:

HEADER_DIR = include
test: test.o cs.o gcc -o test test.o cs.o
test.o: test.c cs.h gcc -c test.c cs.o : cs.c cs.h
gcc -c cs.c -I$(SOURCE_DIR)
clean:
-rm *.o

but:
make
make: *** No rule to make target `cs.c', needed by `cs.o'. Stop.
in fact,my cs.c is a set of functions called each other,no entry function.

i am a newcomer about makefile,could you check my makefile ,tell me where error occur?

thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!