Re: Who's maintaining CVS

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 03:42, Jani Monoses wrote:

> > Jani and Thomas: have you guys already submitted this paperwork
> > to Redhat?  Jani, if you recall I used your Atmel at49xxxx flash
>
> I will probably not sign such an assignment,sorry.If anyone is interested
> I can place all my contributions from now on in the public domain (where
> possible) so anyone with signed papers can legally take them and submit them
> as their own.This goes for the lwIP port too.

Does this mean that you are not willing to assign your work at all?  Or
that you are not willing to assign copyright to Red Hat?  Would you be
willing to assign the copyright to some detatched organization, such as
the FSF?  Where does your reluctance lie?

Accepting code where the copyrights are not clear may endanger the
future of eCos which is why we insist on them.  [The current status
where there are multiple copyrights on certain files is expected to
be only temporary]

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |