Re: arm-elf & ecos

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 03:36:48AM +0000, Mike A wrote:

> After some much effort I could get arm-elf tool-chain build on Win 2000 &
> use it to build ecos library without any errors.

Another common source of line ending problems that I haven't
seen mentioned yet is when WinZip is used to unpack .tar.gz
files.  By default, WinZip will add DOS line endings to text
files as it unpacks them.  WinZip's auto-broken-text-files
feature can be disabled, and if it is it works fine for
unpacking things like eCos source files.

ObUnixPlug: All of those problems can be avoided by using a
            Unix host, the compiler/linker/etc. run twice as
            fast, and insight is a lot more stable to boot.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com