Redboot net support

Hi,
       I use redboot.bin from the eCos site to build a redboot disk.
When it boots, it can find intel's 82559 ethernet card and show it's
mac address. But can not find realtek's 8139 ethernet card and show
"no network interface found". Is it necessary to let redboot to find
network card while booting in order to make the card work later?
How can I make redboot to find different network interfaces by
configuration tool?

thanks

AL