Re: I have problem in gdb-stub. pleas help me~

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 06:43, ddanggi wrote:
> I have problem in gdb-stub.
> ( I want to port ecos system to my H/W-MPC850 board. and I use cygwin)
>
> I buid ecos-Kernel so get the library.
> And I make simple-test file with this library.
> (powerpc-eabi-gcc -g -I/c/building/8_05_install/include test.c -L/c/building/8_05_install/lib -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib -o test.exe)
>
> Using powerpce-eabi-gdb(insight), I pushed the run button but there is no response.
> ( when gbd download the file, download status windows is displayed.
>  Although the button below is change from Cancel to OK during download, the .vectors bar and .text bar is not full of
> blue coloer. Is it right? )
>
> I have two hypothesis.
>
> The first is that my gdb-stub is incomplete.
> : I want to examin the gdb-stub using simple file which is independent ecos. but i find
> that compiling simple file with powerpc-eabi-gcc demand to make the new linker-script. so
> I faild.
>
> The second is that the option of buiding ecos-Kenel is not proper.
>
> please advise to me~

First of all, we'd recommend that you use RedBoot instead of the simple
GDB stubs, as this will give you more capabilities on your board.

Try connecting a terminal emulator, such as minicom or hyperterm, to the
board at 38400/8N1.  When you turn it on, does it print "$T...."?  Until
it does this much, the GDB stubs aren't running.

> And I have a question in vector.S
> When the gdb-stub load the test-file and run file, test-file also excute
> the code which is in vector.S. Re-execution the code in vector.S result in
> clearing BSS, initiailizing sp-pointer and etc.
> Doesn't the Re-execution make the probelm in operation of  gdb-stub?

No.  These are (must be) in different areas of memory.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |