KZ-ARM7PCI-01 board support (based on Cirrus Logic EP7312)

I'm making RedBoot work on KMC KZ-ARM7PCI-01 board.

Homepage of this board is at:

http://www.kmckk.co.jp/kz/kzarm7pci.htm

(Written in Japanese, sorry I can't find the information of this
 board in English) :(

Now that RedBoot is working on my board, either ROM, RAM, and ROMRAM.
It wasn't difficult to support this board because this board uses
Cirrus Logic EP7312 chip (ARM7TDMI core), which has been already
supported by eCos. What I did was to write a flash driver for
this board.

I have a question about the HAL structure of this board.

Current HAL of Cirrus Logic EP7312 is located under
hal/arm/edb7xxx/. I can reuse almost of this HAL, so what I did
was to create a new target kzarm7pci in ecos.db and use
CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX.

The target is as follows:

target kzarm7pci {
        alias { "KMC KZ-ARM7PCI-01 board" kzarm7pci }
        packages        { CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
                          CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX
                          CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_EDB7XXX
                          CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_KZARM7PCI
        }
        description "
The kzarm7pci target provides the packages needed to run eCos on an KMC
KZ-ARM7PCI-01."
}

The problem is here:

In displaying version of RedBoot, the following message are displayed:

    Platform: Cogent EDB7312 (ARM 720T) Cirrus Logic EP7312

But, this board is not Cogent EDB7312. We can change this name by
adding the entry of this board in
hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/cdl/hal_arm_edb7xxx.cdl, but the directory
name of this hal is edb7xxx, that is, the board brought by Cirrus
Logic based on ep7XXX. I don't want to change this HAL nor add the
entry of this board in edb7xxx/.

I guess the apropriate HAL structure is as follows:

 hal/arm/ep7xxx/     : HAL of EP7XXX chip
 hal/arm/edb7xxx/    : HAL of EDB7XXX board
 hal/arm/kzarm7pci/  : HAL of KZ-ARM7PCI-01 board

and edb7xxx and kzarm7pci use ep7xxx HAL, just as MIPS vr43xx HAL.
or copy edb7xxx/ to kzarm7pci/ and modify it for this board?

Does anybody have any commens?
Thanks in advance

--
Debian Project http://debian.org/ - Masato Taruishi <taru@debian.org>