Re: Re: Redboor problem with AT91EB40 board

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 21:20, shouyi wrote:
> Gary Thomas:
>
> thanks for your reply.

Please send your replies to the ecos-discuss list.  That way, everyone
gets to see them and they are archived as well.

> I import redboot_ROMRAM.ecm,this time flash is support, but the serial device item is still grey,
>
> should I add the serial device driver to support serial port?

RedBoot does not use the eCos serial device drivers, only the
HAL diagnostic I/O functions (which include serial devices, but
they are polled only)

> 2002-08-09 04:24:00 you write:
> >On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 18:05, shouyi wrote:
> >> ecos-discuss:
> >>
> >> hi, I am a newbie to eCos. I have some problem when I use eCos one AT91EB40.
> >>
> >> I use graphic configuration tools on windows 2000 platform. I choose the EB40 template and
> >>
> >> redboot package in build menu. In the left tree base window, some item just like Atmel At91
> >>
> >> /EB40 FLASH memory support and Atmel AT91 serial device drivers is grey, and i can't change
> >>
> >> the option of these grey item. And I noticed the file "at91_flash.c" is not compiled when I
> >>
> >> build library. Is this mean that the flash and serial port are not supported in my
> >>
> >> configuration? So, how can I configurate my project, let redboot support both flash and
> >>
> >> serial port?
> >
> >You need to import the appropriate configuration file, as well as
> >using the templates.  The templates can only provide a generic setup,
> >but they don't include FLASH support.
> >
> >Try importing
> >  ecos/packages/hal/arm/at91/current/misc/redboot_ROMRAM.ecm

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |