Re: Facing problem with i82559 driver...

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 03:07:54AM -0700, Venkatesh wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> My configuration is as follows:
>
> eCos: Latest Cvs source
> Configtool : ecos 2.03
> Operating system: Windows2000
> Platform : i386 PC
> Image download through GDB.
>
> I am trying to execute the "ping_test" example given by eCOS sources.
> The control is not coming out of the init_all_network_interfaces()  and
> getting struck up after eth_set_mac_address() in if_i82559.c.  The
> target is reset upon execuing the line,
> OUTL( (VIRT_TO_BUS(p_selftest)) | I82559_SELFTEST, ioaddr + SCBPort);

Im confused about what you say here.

It gets stack after eth_set_mac_address().
The target is reset upon executing the self test on the ethernet target.

These are two different things and also different from the output
trace.

Which of the three is correct?

> I request you to please help me to solve the above problem as I am
> struggling  with it for the past two weeks.

If you want some help, you need to give us consistent and useful
information we can actually work with.

Where exactly does it get stuck? What happens when its stuck? Does the
target crash out with a memory error? Does gdb still respond?

       Andrew