Re: arguments to main

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 12:44:22AM +0200, Wouter Cloetens wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 02:52:19AM -0700, NavEcos wrote:
> >
> > The code is essentially GPL..
> >
> > go ahead and do it :)
>
> That's the spirit. I just did it for ecos 1.3.1 last week. The patch is
> attached. My approach was to actually pick up argc and argv properly
> in the entry code, and setting the global variables linux_argc and
> linux_argv to hold them.
> Here's the patch:

In terms of name space muddying, i think it would be better to call
these variables cyg_hal_argv, and cyg_hal_argc. They are more
generic. Its possible that in the future other synthetic targets may
appear, eg OpenBSD, NT, etc all of which could use these generic
names.

Hummm. Have a look at
/packages/language/c/libc/stdlib/current/src/getenv.c. There is
already a global variable

externC char **environ;

so maybe you can also get this from the invocation code as the third
parameter and set it.

          Andrew