Re: FreeBSD-Stack not responding

Hello Gary,

I'm working on a PowerPC target (MPC8xx), its my own HAL, based on the
VIPER
I made some minor changes to the FEX driver (changing GPIOs), but the
Ethernet works fine. I configured with Windows Configtool 1.3.net and i
am using gcc 2.95.2 (powerpc-eabi).
I suspect the problem is target dependend.

Regards
Wolfgang

Gary Thomas wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 15:03, Wolfgang Heppner wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently switched from the Open- to the FreeBSD stack (latest CVS
> > version)
> > When i try to send Data to my target (e.g. ascii strings via a telnet
> > client on Linux and/or Windows), the data is lost in the stack (the
> > "read" call in my application never returns) - even when a connection
> > could be established and my application could send a "Prompt" to the
> > telnet client! With the OpenBSD Stack this works fine.
> >
> > I figured out that packets are dropped in the cyg_tcp_input function
> > because of a bad checksum.
> >
> > I got some warnings during the eCos-built:
> > implicit declarations of function 'cyg_in_cksum_hdr' in ip_input.c:332
> > implicit declarations of function 'cyg_in_cksum_hdr' and
> > 'cyg_in_cksum_skip'
> > in ip_output and
> > implicit declarations of function 'cyg_in_pseudo' in tcp_input:405
> > (among some others)
>
> These are just warnings and should be harmless.
>

> > Has anybode experienced similar problems with the FreeBSD stack?
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Wolfgang
> >
> > PS: I built the eCos library with the new_net template and removed libm
> > and dns support.
>
> What's the target?

>                        Name: signature.asc
>    signature.asc       Type: application/pgp-signature

Wolfgang Heppner

High Speed Kamerasysteme  - Abt. Bildsensorik (ESY-B)
High Speed Camera Systems - Dept. Electronic Imaging (ESY-B)

Fraunhofer
Institut Integrierte Schaltungen
Angewandte Elektronik

Am Wolfsmantel 33