Re: EB40 standalone application

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 08:52, brenner joel wrote:
> Hello all,
>     I'm trying to use eCos on a Atmel EB40 board without any monitor.
> I need to use eCos without any debug features so I've modified a little
> the ld script for ROM version.
> (no space left for debug monitor, place rom_vectors directly at remapped
> address 0x0of SRAM and place the program
>   in RAM at address 0x02000000).
> I've configured eCos to run in ROM, without debug features and  without
> virtual vector calling.
> The compilation and the test works fine, but when I download the binary
> to the target it hangs always somewhere in "hal_if_diag".
>
> What I've made wrong ?
> Are there maybe some things to add for running eCos as a stand alone
> application, or some initializations are missed? (twothreads, hello and
> serial examples hangs always).

Look at how RedBoot is configured for that platform.  It is a stand
alone program, built from the eCos sources.

I'd guess that the problem lies with your turning off of the virtual
vector stuff.  This doesn't cost you anything and for a stand alone
program, your program will provide the actual I/O (again, look at
RedBoot since it uses virtual vector support).