Re: ICE only for download

On Tuesday, 25. June 2002 09:01, Siegfried Schaefer wrote:
> Hello,
> i have purchased a wiggler and tried to work with it with our own ATMEL and
> SAMSUNG based arm7tdmi plattforms. I have tried the wiggler under Win98 /
> W2000 / XP and for me it is not a low cost alternative for the Jeeni i
> owned, too. The wiggler is not nearly as stable as the Jeeni (with the same
> gdb). For example i could always connect to the samsung based platforms
> with the Jeeni, but only 1 of ten !! with the wiggler. Debugging was not
> stable (the target "hangs" often after stepping through the code). Atmel
> based platforms behave a little better, but just a little. Has someone
> better experiences with the wiggler (or any other low cost jtag interface)
> ?
>
> With best regards, Siegfried Schaefer
> Schaefer EDV-Dienstleistungen und Softwareentwicklungen

Till now I don't use any JTAG interface and gdb over ethernet hangs sometime
too. But in the main I will use the JTAG interface to download an image
because this is the only option to do that without having a working bootstrap
in FLASH. But I think for having this feature is 2500 US$ to much.
Do you think the wiggler could be enough for my intention?

Roland