Re: Interrupt levels on v850

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Iztok Zupet wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 June 2002 21:05, Savin Zlobec wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Can anyone tell me why the HAL_INTERRUPT_SET_LEVEL macro is
> > left blank on v850 arch.
> >
> > Thanks
> >     savin
>
> Hi:
>
>    The macro is used to set positive or negative hardware IRQ level. The
> interrupt controller (also in chip ones) must support level change.  The
> architecture, You choose the template for, obviously dosn't have such an
> interrupt controller.
>
> Iz

Hi,

as far as I can tell the HAL_INTERRUPT_SET_LEVEL is used to set the
interrupt priority and the HAL_INTERRUPT_CONFIGURE sets the level or
edge and hi/lo or rising/falling interrupt trigger condition.
V850 supports 8 interrupt priority levels (0-7) - the hw initialization
code masks all interrupts and sets their priority to 7 (lowest).

I've wrote the HAL_INTERRUPT_SET_LEVEL macro and interrupts now work
better for me. I didn't experience any problems, but I was wandering
if there is some reason why this was not done before.

savin