[ecos-announce-owner@sources.redhat.com: Returned post for ecos-announce@sources.redhat.com]

Hi,

I am having a small problem loading a kernel into RedBoot. I have one that works but sadly there is no documentation on how it was created (sh4 cross compiled).

[root@bertha tftpboot]# file vmlinuz.works
vmlinuz.works: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Hitachi SH, version 1, statically linked, not stripped
[root@bertha tftpboot]# file vmlinux
vmlinux: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Hitachi SH, version 1, statically linked, not stripped
[root@bertha tftpboot]#

THey both appear to be identical to me but I get the following problems when I try and load the second one:

RedBoot> load -m TFTP netboot
load_elf_image aborted: seek: attempt to seek backward

can anyone shed some light on what this means and how It might have happened (what did I miss out)

If its of any use I compiled it with the following:

# cd kernel
# make ARCH=sh CROSS_COMPILE=sh4-linux- clean
# make ARCH=sh CROSS_COMPILE=sh4-linux- menuconfig
# make ARCH=sh CROSS_COMPILE=sh4-linux- dep
# make ARCH=sh CROSS_COMPILE=sh4-linux- zImage (not sure if this was needed)
# make ARCH=sh CROSS_COMPILE=sh4-linux- vmlinux

Cheers,

--
Dan Field - dof@nuclear-dawn.com
GPG Public Key - http://www.nuclear-dawn.com/files/dan_field.asc