scanf with floppy startup ?

hello all..

Every thing for my application with RAM startup is
working fine including scanf(), gets() etc, for i386
pc but when the same application is build for floppy
startup scanf(),gets()and other input functions are
not working any how. Control never stop to take the
input at these function .As Redboot which work fine
for any input functions ,I think uses some other
machanism to take input .
What modification I have to do in my configuration so
that it should work for floppy startup .
If anybody suffer from this problem pls help me out .

I am using latest ecos from cvs.

umesh jaiswal
   enSys.