Re: Intel platforms and compilers

Gregg C Levine wrote:

> Hello again from Gregg C Levine
> I know I  have asked this question, in the past, but I would like to ask
> this one now. My target platform is, or will be the embeddable version
> of the I386, or even an embeddable Pentium, if such a device is built or
> is built when this project completes. So, instead of building from
> source code, I would like to use the pre-built binaries for building the
> code, this is the same Slackware Linux that I build other stuff on.

I would have thought the Red Hat Linux prebuilts would still work. Do they
not?

If they don't, you didn't quite say on the web page you put up exactly what
the command sequences were that got you there.

> What I need are
> suggestions for appropriately configuring the build scripts so that the
> eCos installation can find itself.

I'm not sure what you mean? Just set ECOS_REPOSITORY in the environment. To
point the host tools at your eCos sources "automatically".