how can I make boot floppy /connection ? in X86-pc

my target is i386-elf-pc
host is win-NT [cygwin]

Hi Mr.

I read the mail given
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2000-04/msg00304.html

can u tell me why my pc is not booting from floppy
I did
 eCos Configuration Tool
1) File->new
2) Build->Templates	hardware-> i386 PC target
				Packages ->stubs
3)then save
4)build
it is successful
then I did

dd conv=sync if=insatll/bin/gdb_module.bin of=/dev/fd0
when a: is mounted like this \\.\a: on /dev/fd0 type
user (binmode)
at that time it is showing
44+1 records in
45+0 records out

then I tried to boot another pc to boot, from that
floppy

but it is not booting

when I am going to connect through gdb it is giving

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0: No such file or directory.
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS1
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS1
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout

I tried it from command line also
mkdir /ecos-stub
            cd /ecos-stub
            ecosconfig new pc stubs

now where shall I edit CYG_HAL_STARTUP=FLOPPY , there
is no conflict, 2nd thing is that
it is automatically comes with that when I am
selecting stubs from configuration tool
after completion the building
there are  2 files in /install/bin/
they are  gdb_module.bin  gdb_module.img

other the steps are  given above

how can I solve the prob ? if u know pls reply me

thanks
Simun