[Fwd: Re: [help] - How to integrade my apps to Flash/ROM?]

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

Thanks for the help!

btw, do you know how to define the IO pin that I am going to use in my
appliaction?

Best Regards,
C.H. Yang
Email: ch.yang@conexant.com

Jesper Skov <jskov@redhat.com>
03/25/2002 03:48 PM

        To:     c.h.yang@conexant.com
        cc:     eCos Discuss <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
        Subject:        Re: [ECOS] [help] - How to integrade my apps to Flash/ROM?

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 04:54, c.h.yang@conexant.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question need your kindly help!
> I am using motorola MBX target board.
> I can successfully build my app and download to target by gdb, and it
runs
> OK.
> My question is, how can I integrade my app to Flash/ROM on target board
so
> the app will execute once the power is on?

The easiest approach, if there's enough space in flash, is to write the
app to flash (using Redboot 'fi cr' command) and start it using a
RedBoot script.

If there's not enough space in flash for both RedBoot and app, you'll
need to build the app for ROM startup and program it to the flash.

Jesper

--- End Message ---